- with the revelation of Allah - Al-Quran;
- with Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam);
- with Shariah expressed in ijtihad of faqihs and ulema, who followed Al-Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet in accordance with the religious direction of imam Abu Hanifa.
MRB RT's management bodies are: Congress, Plenum, Presidency, Mufti. Advisory bodies - the ulema Council and the Council of kazis.
- a) association of Muslim religious organizations of Tatarstan for the profession and dissemination of Islam;
- b) ensuring the canonical unity of Muslim religious organizations based on Al-Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet in accordance with the religious direction of imam Abu Hanifa;
- c) increasing the spiritual potential and strengthen the moral foundations of the Muslim community in the country;
- d) creating a strong moral and spiritual foundations of society to improve education and training, comprehensive training harmoniously developed, highly moral and highly educated individuals;
- e) achieving interfaith and interethnic peace and harmony in the society;
- f) promotion of Muslims and Muslim religious organizations of the Republic of Tatarstan in the realization of their legitimate rights and interests of freedom of confession and the spread of Islam in the country.